1956 - Parish obtains land to build on
In 1956, through the efforts of Bishop Andrew Roborecki, the parishioners obtained a two lot site at 105th Street and Moran Avenue, which was owned by Mr. John Muzyka, who then generously donated this land to start the new Parish. In 1958 they chose a provisional Parish Executive consisting of L. Pohoreski, J. Hnatyshyn, and J. Kachur. Under the direction of Rev. Gregory Novak, CSSR, Rector of Sheptytsky Institute, they then purchased the former Holy Family RC Church located at 804 Central Avenue, Saskatoon, for $7,000. In 1959 this church was moved to the present site, 120-105th Street West, Saskatoon, and the parish began operations with Rev. Rudolf Luzney as the first Pastor. November 15, 1959 Father Luzney celebrated the first Devine Liturgy at the new Church. On January 31, 1960, the parish held its first general meeting and selected the first parish executive with: L. Pohoreski, president, M. Dubyk, vice-president, E. Omelan, secretary, J. Pasitney, treasurer, M. Nehraeff, M. Rawluk, S. Omelian, executive members, and J. Husky, church hospodar. Simultaneously, a women’s executive was chosen which reorganized into the Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League and consisted of: K. Omelan, E. Lutzer, K. Pohoreski and A. Hnatyshyn. Under the direction of these executives, the parish renovated the exterior of the church, enlarged the sanctuary area and acquired all the necessary instruments for holy services. This church served the parish for ten years and the last Divine Liturgy was celebrated on August 15, 1971. Subsequently this structure was dismantled and construction of the present church was begun. Church services were temporarily re-located to Sheptytsky Institute.
Construction of the new church was handled by a committee consisting of: W. Muzyka, W. Belosowsky, N. Wasylenko, M. Nehraeff, J. Luzney, J. Hnatyshyn, M. Bzdel and A. Skakun. The Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League of the parish worked in conjunction with the construction committee and was instrumental in the fund raising campaign. Its executive at that time was formed by V. Chomyn, L. Muzyka, P. Belosowsky, K. Pohoreski and J. Dubyk.